Thursday, April 14, 2011

"I withdrew from the window, unable to bear these emotions" Page 75

Both the monster and Victor are the same person. If I had to guess, I would say that the monster is Victor's twin (not really...). They both retreat to a hiding place and have time to think. Victor did the same thing when he was trying to build the monster. Now, his creation is doing the same thing... irony?? Idk you tell me! Shelley's eighteen year old mind was very clever when writing this novel. There is so much parallelism within the pages that it makes me smile. I would never be able to put these connections onto pages and make the readers pick up on them. These subtle details are what make the story what it is. Everyone is connected in some way, shape, or form. It is just up to the reader to figure out how.

1 comment:

  1. you're on track with our Victor/monster similarities theory...Walton and Victor aren't the only ones that parallel each other!

    ReplyDelete