Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not too shabby

Upon starting Othello, I was apprehensive as to how I would get through this whole thing. I saw how many pages I would be reading, and how little time I had. However, once I started, I realized it wasn't too bad. I realized it was actually very funny. I realized the fact that these themes are timeless and can be applied to all walks of life, no matter what the time period. We sometimes chalk Shakespeare up to this figure we don't know who lived before us and can't relate to. However, after reading the scene about uglies and smarties, I realized this is completely untrue. In addition, I was scared to death about the language the play was written in. However, once I got into the mode and forced myself to think they way they spoke during the time period, it really wasn't all that bad.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of realizations! And I agree that once you get your mind in "Shakespeare mode," things get a bit less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete